Fact Sheet: Medical Liens for Surgery Centers
- MedFinManager™ is a national leader in the facilitation of medical care for patients
who have been injured in third-party accidents and require treatment using a lien.
- MedFinManager™ has a range of services directed towards enhancing the cash flow and
reducing the risk of bad debt for ambulatory surgery centers.
- MedFinManager™ provides a full range of services to support a Consensual Lien Program.
- MedFinManager's Consensual Lien Facilitation and Purchase Program approves and purchases
accounts for lien-based health services, either medical or surgical.
- MedFinManager's Consensual Lien Program has no significant impact on a provider's
billing routine. The Program includes all necessary risk assessment, underwriting,
all legal and administrative processing requirements, and training.
- MedFinManager™ provides financial services to hundreds of ASC's, physicians, and
other healthcare providers, in 18 states, and is currently expanding nation-wide.
MedFin's clients include specialty physicians, hospitals, clinics and ambulatory
The MedFin™ approach creates a true win/win partnership with the surgery center,
physician, patient, and the other parties involved in these highly technical and
legal transactions. The significant advantages of the MedFin Program are:
- Provides the opportunity for surgery centers to increase revenue by accepting lien-based
patients, without risk, who may have formally been turned away.
- MedFin™ enhances cash flow in very immediate ways, by relieving the many hassles
and risks that are inherent in treating personal injury patients.
- MedFin™ guarantees payment in 30 days.
- The MedFin™ program is a Without Recourse purchase, which means that MedFinManager™
assumes the full-risk associated with holding aging receivables. If a lien eventually
becomes uncollectable, MedFinManager assumes the total loss.
- MedFin™ will never ask for a refund based upon the eventual outcome of a patients'
- Through its Consensual Lien program, MedFinManager™ provides all the necessary coordination
between the attorneys, the patient and the physician – and provides the surgery
center with a guaranteed approval prior to the patient receiving services.
- MedFinManager™ will work closely with the local physicians to ensure a smooth process
for the treatment and admission of lien-based patients. This will allow the physician
to continue the normal practice of referrals to the facility.
- In addition to working with healthcare providers on going-forward cases, MedFin™
also makes lien-based accounts receivable acquisitions.
- There are no fees associated with MedFin™ programs, no minimum required volumes,
nor maximum billing amounts, and the physician remains in complete control of the
patient's treatment, at all times.